- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Black paste food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 large pitted ripe olives
- 72 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and tint black. Place tinted cream cheese mixture in a small plastic bag; set aside.
- Add the chives, garlic salt and parsley to the remaining cream cheese mixture. Spread over crackers. Arrange two tomato quarters on each for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each cracker. Insert two chives into olives for antennae. Use tinted cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Ladybug Appetizers
Sort By :
"My Pastor's wife's name is June, the pastor calls her his June bug, she loves lady bugs so for her birthday I'm making these adorable little lady bugs as a gift for her. I think they will be a big hit, and she'll love them."
"I can't wait to try this!"
"Made these x 2 recently, BIG hit! Helpful hints: black dots: I used a little tube black cake decorating gel for the dots; put 3 little dots on top of ROOM TEMP tomatoes. I have assembled these with crackers about 1.5 hrs ahead of time, refrigerate them & cracker was still crisp. I also used sliced cucumber, placing slices on paper towel to absorb some moisture while assembling. Filling: added a little more garlic salt & chives to zip it up. Enjoy!"
"Re the soggy cracker issue: I am going to try a basil leaf or sliver of lettuce next time. The basil should add a nice flavor. Maybe just a small dot of cream cheese mix to hold it in place and then assemble as per recipe."
"Really good....I just substituted the black paste dots with chocolate syrup.....tasted amazing!"