Cherry tomato quarters form the wings of these adorable little ladybugs dreamed up by our Test Kitchen. The delightful creatures are perched on crunchy crackers spread with a seasoned cream cheese mixture.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Black paste food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 36 butter-flavored crackers
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 18 large pitted ripe olives
- 72 fresh chive pieces (about 1-1/2 inches long)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Remove 1 tablespoon to a small bowl and tint black. Place tinted
- cream cheese mixture in a small plastic bag; set aside.
- Add the chives, garlic salt and parsley to the remaining cream cheese
- mixture. Spread over crackers. Arrange two tomato quarters on each
- for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, halve the olives widthwise; place one half on each
- cracker. Insert two chives into olives for antennae. Use tinted
- cream cheese mixture to pipe spots onto wings. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 86 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium,