Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers
These cookies appear on my table for various special occasions. I'm often asked for the recipe, so I'm sure to have a few copies on hand.
—Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
21 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla or white chips, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a
- saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- the oats, sugar, flour, milk and corn syrup; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at
- 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely;
- peel cookies off paper or foil. Spread melted chocolate on the
- bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield:
- about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 221 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.