- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla or white chips, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, sugar, flour, milk and corn syrup; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely; peel cookies off paper or foil. Spread melted chocolate on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p184
Reviews for Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"Easy to follow. Hard to resist. Love these!"