These cookies appear on my table for various special occasions. I'm often asked for the recipe, so I'm sure to have a few copies on hand. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, vanilla or white chips, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, sugar, flour, milk and corn syrup; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely; peel cookies off paper or foil. Spread melted chocolate on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p184
Reviews for Lacy Oat Sandwich Wafers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"Easy to follow. Hard to resist. Love these!"