Lacy Fruit Cups with Sabayon Sauce Recipe
This fruity dessert from our Test Kitchen is a refreshing change of pace from other heavy holiday desserts.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup rose or marsala wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 medium pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium blood oranges or tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans and vanilla.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 30-60 seconds. Working quickly, peel cookies off paper and immediately drape over inverted 6-oz. custard cups; cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the egg yolks, wine and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- 4. Divide the grapefruit, oranges and berries among cookie cups; top with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 234 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Lacy Fruit Cups with Sabayon Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC