- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Grated chocolate, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the flour, brandy and ginger.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, three at a time, 3 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 30-45 seconds. Working quickly, loosen each cookie and curl around a thick wooden spoon handle. (If cookies become to cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.) Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and brandy; beat until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, pipe cream mixture into cookies. Sprinkle ends with chocolate if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Lacy Brandy Snaps
Sort By :
I used wax paper at first for the 'tubes' (as some have called them) and they stuck to it.
I sprayed my cookie sheets the next time but found that the butter will create its on slick surface so that you don't need paper.
Also, that recipe, in no way makes 4 dozen tubes! It's not even mathematically possible! Mine make about a dozen.
The filling was another issue. I consider myself a novice and the explanation was not very clear. I DID end up overbeating the cream in the end! ARGH!
So at 9:30pm that night I went out to the grocery store and bought DREAM WHIP. I substituted brandy for the vanilla.
Fingers crossed the co-workers enjoy it tomorrow!
So to people new to the recipe - it's time consuming!
I have yet to make this recipe, but I will.
With my arthritis, I find it difficult to manoeuver the spoon handle so I made these in a mini-muffin pan and then filled them like tarts.
I'd like to know how to store them.....how long do they keep? Do they get soggy in the refrigerator?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >