Lacy Brandy Snaps Recipe
These captivating, fluff-filled crisps are the perfect "little something sweet" that guests crave at the end of a filling meal. —Natalie Bremson, Plantation, Florida
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Grated chocolate, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the flour, brandy and ginger.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls, three at a time, 3 in. apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Cool for 30-45 seconds. Working quickly, loosen each cookie and curl around a thick wooden spoon handle. (If cookies become to cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.) Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and brandy; beat until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, pipe cream mixture into cookies. Sprinkle ends with chocolate if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without grated chocolate) equals 119 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Lacy Brandy Snaps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC