Lactose-Free Veggie-Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken extra-firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash tofu with lemon juice. Stir in the spinach, olives, basil, salt and pepper. Add to mushroom mixture; heat through. Spoon into shells.
- 3. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- 4. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
3 stuffed shells equals 198 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.