- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and celery in oil until tender. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, process half of the soup until smooth. Return to pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Lactose-Free Potato Soup
Sort By :
great soup for my family!
Instead of blending, I used corn starch (mixed it with water first). Otherwise, I made it as written.
They won't let me see this even though I have a subscription. This happens too often grrrrrr!! I have had my subscription for years and years, and deliberately don't discontinue it knowing how much I enjoy this site and am willing to subscribe to get to it. please help!
My family really likes this recipe especially my daughter whom is lactose intolerant. She and the rest of the family request me to make it all the time. It's easy to make and very tasty. I usually triple the recipe because it's great as a leftover.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Lactose & Dairy-Free >
- Low Fat Recipes >