Lactose-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the syrup, sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla and molasses until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to syrup mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 147 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lactose-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
"These are great!"
"Agreed, there is a lot of sugar, but it's a cookie, and once in awhile who cares?!My 3 year old son is allergic to milk, eggs and nuts....he loves to help me make these....and loves to eat them even more!!I have also used half whole wheat flour as well and it's tasty."
"Our family has multiple food allergies. Eggs are definitely out and it is difficult to find good substitutes. This recipe, while very sweet, meets the need. Because it is so sweet, I can eat one small cookie and be satisfied. We've made it several times."