Lactose-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Though vegan-friendly and dairy-free, these pack all that classic cookie flavor into each and every bite! —Sarah Ann Manthe, Brookfield, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./ batch YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the syrup, sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla and molasses until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to syrup mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC