Lactose-Free Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) non-dairy imitation cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and margarine. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- 3. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. Spoon topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice: 322 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Lactose-Free Blueberry Cheesecake
"sounds great but would be better with Stevia and coconut milk cream cheese and also almond flour and coconut oil is much healthier oil."