- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) non-dairy imitation cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and margarine. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. Spoon topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lactose-Free Blueberry Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p35
Reviews for Lactose-Free Blueberry Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2013
"sounds great but would be better with Stevia and coconut milk cream cheese and also almond flour and coconut oil is much healthier oil."