Lace Cookies with Chocolate Middles Recipe
Melted chocolate sandwiched between two golden and slightly crisp oatmeal cookies makes for a delicious spin on traditional oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks.
- Spread melted chocolate on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen sandwich cookies.
Originally published as Lace Cookies with Chocolate Middles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p70
Reviews for Lace Cookies with Chocolate Middles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >