Kung Pao Wings Recipe
- 8 whole chicken wings (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Set the wings aside. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken wings, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- 3. Add red pepper and onion; cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir cornstarch mixture; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 345 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Kung Pao Wings
"We just had this. I mixed carrots in as well and it was fantastic!"
"I also use chicken breasts instead of the wings & I've made it quite a few times since it first came out."
"I've tried this recipe with both cut up pork and chicken breasts. Both great!"
"I used boneless chicken breasts instead of chicken wings. EXCELLENT recipe! Add extra red pepper flakes to give it an extra kick!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.