Kung Pao Wings Recipe
- 8 whole chicken wings (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Set the wings aside. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, lemon juice and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken wings, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- 3. Add red pepper and onion; cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir cornstarch mixture; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 345 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.