Fluffy, tart and sweet, this kumquat pie will have everyone loving these tiny citrus gems. Henrietta Brumbaugh, Hiawassee, Georgia
- 3/4 pound kumquats
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 frozen pie shell, baked
- Fresh mint leaves and additional kumquats, optional
- Rinse kumquats; cut in half and remove seeds. Place in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain, discarding skins and pulp.
- In a large bowl, beat the puree with milk and lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Transfer to pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mint and additional kumquats if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kumquat Refrigerator Pie in Taste of Home
Reviews for Kumquat Refrigerator Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2010
"This is a great pie, but I have added a package of cream cheese to the condensed milk and beat."