These golden margaritas bring a bit of sunshine to a winter table. Eye-catching kumquats are the secret ingredient. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 pint kumquats (about 30)
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups crushed ice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Using lime wedges, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate; dip rims in salt. Set glasses aside.
- Place tequila in a blender. Rinse kumquats; cut in half and remove seeds. Add to blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain, discarding skins and pulp.
- Return puree to blender. Add the lime juice, ice and sugar; cover and process until blended. Pour into prepared glasses. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kumquat Margaritas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p88
Reviews for Kumquat Margaritas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review