Kraft® Updated Shepherd's Pie
This great-tasting low-calorie version of a traditional shepherd's pie is made with better-for-you ingredients. Recipe provided by KRAFT®
6 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Total: 58 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds red potatoes (about 4), cut into chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, green beans, peas), thawed
- 3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S® Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN® Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup KRAFT® 2% Milk Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- COOK potatoes and garlic in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min.
- or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, brown meat in large
- nonstick skillet. Stir in flour; cook 1 min. Add mixed vegetables,
- broth and ketchup; cook 5 min., stirring frequently.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Add sour
- cream; mash until potatoes are smooth and mixture is well blended.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- SPOON meat mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; cover with