Korean Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, sprouts and water chestnuts. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and egg. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 239 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Korean Spinach Salad
"This is my favorite spinach salad. The dressing makes the difference. We make a slight change for another version, we use balsamic vinegar in the dressing....oh so good. And it is so easy. This is a recipe my grandmother made over 40 years ago!!"
"Tastes like Catalina dressing and I would use fresh bean sprouts next time."