Korean Spinach Salad
This delicious salad is a flavorful twist on the classic spinach salad. The sweet and sour dressing has just the right balance and there’s a wonderful crunch from the beans and water chestnuts.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Egg, chopped
- Place the first six ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid;
- shake well. Chill until serving.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, sprouts and water
- chestnuts. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad;
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and egg. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 239 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.