This delicious salad is a flavorful twist on the classic spinach salad. The sweet and sour dressing has just the right balance and there’s a wonderful crunch from the beans and water chestnuts.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Place the first six ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, sprouts and water chestnuts. Just before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and egg. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Korean Spinach Salad in Reminisce December/January 2010, p51
Reviews for Korean Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review