Korean Beef Patties
We're adopting a baby from Korea, so we've been acquainting ourselves with that country's culture and with its interesting cooking also. I think this tasty, nutritious recipe combines the best tastes of East and of West. I serve it with rice, stir-fried vegetables...and chopsticks, of course!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients. Form into four balls and flatten into
- patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until done. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 302 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.