"The recipe for this frosty treat is more than 30 years old, and kids love it," reports Elizabeth Stanton of Mt. Vernon, Washington. You'd never guess that powdered soft drink mix provides the yummy flavor.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unsweetened orange Kool-Aid mix or flavor of your choice
- 3 cups 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, Kool-Aid mix and milk until sugar
- is dissolved. Pour into a shallow freezer container; cover and
- freeze for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a large bowl, beat until smooth. Return to freezer
- container; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 20
- minutes before serving. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 204 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.