A fun crust of vanilla wafers is easy for kids to make and holds an eye-catching fluffy filling that's refreshing in summer. "Use different flavors of Kool-Aid to very the pie's taste," suggests Ledia Black of Pineland, Texas.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 2-1/4 hours + freezing
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 36 vanilla wafers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (.14 ounce) unsweetened lemon-lime soft drink mix
- Whipped topping, optional
- Pour milk into a small metal or glass bowl. Add beaters to the bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Coat a 9-in. pie plate with
- cooking spray. Line bottom and sides of plate with wafers. Beat milk
- until soft peaks form. Add sugar and drink mix; beat until
- thoroughly mixed. Spoon over wafers; freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 236 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.