Everyone will love getting into these pickles. They owe their color and sweet-sour taste to a long marinade in a fruity drink mix.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (32 ounces) whole dill pickles, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unsweetened Kool-Aid mix, flavor of your choice
- Drain pickles, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine the reserved
- juice, sugar and Kool-Aid, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Set
- Slice pickles; return to jar. Pour juice mixture over pickles.
- Discard any remaining juice. Cover and refrigerate for 1 week before
- serving. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 months. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.