Kool-Aid Floats Recipe
"Youngsters love this refreshing punch," says Carthage, New York's Margaret Bossuot. Sweet sherbet, fruity soft drink mix and orange juice concentrate make this beverage a popular way to beat the heat on summer days.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 3 envelopes unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid mix
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 quarts cold water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart raspberry or orange sherbet
- 1. In large pitchers, prepare Kool-Aid with sugar and water according to package directions. Stir in orange juice concentrate. Just before serving, add ginger ale. Serve in chilled tall glasses. Add a scoop of sherbet to each glass. Yield: 2 gallons.
1 cup equals 127 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC