- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot, poppy seed or prune filling
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the sugar, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, salt, eggs and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate dough overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a large indentation in the center of each ball; fill with 2 tablespoons of filling. Bake at 350° for 14-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Kolaches in Country Extra May 2001, p37
Reviews for Kolaches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Doughnuts >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- German Bread Recipes >
- German Breakfast Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >