Kohlrabi with Honey Butter Recipe
- 1 pound kohlrabi (4 to 5 small), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water, kohlrabi and carrot to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, butter, honey, lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Drain vegetables and transfer to a serving bowl. Add honey butter and toss to coat. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.