If you're not acquainted with kohlrabi, this recipe will serve as a pleasant introduction. Honey and lemon lend a sweet, citrusy taste to the turnip-veggie. "I found the recipe several years ago and give it a try. It remains one of our favorite dishes," Wanda Holoubek writes from Salina, Kansas.
- 1 pound kohlrabi (4 to 5 small), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water, kohlrabi and carrot to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, butter, honey, lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Drain vegetables and transfer to a serving bowl. Add honey butter and toss to coat. Garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kohlrabi with Honey Butter in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p10
Reviews for Kohlrabi with Honey Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review