- 3 medium kohlrabies, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place kohlrabies and carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the vegetable mixture, parsley and lemon juice. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Kohlrabi 'n' Carrot Bake
Sort By :
This was our first time trying kohlrabi and everyone liked it.
Delicious! Everyone loved it. You can add kohlrabi to any vegetable dish, including stir fry. My next recipe is to add it to corned beef and cabbage, along with potatoes, onions, and carrots! Thank you for sharing!
This is a great recipe. My husband and I are trying to eat more vegetables. Added a 1/2 teaspoon of season salt and omited the regular salt. Will be making this often. Might try the cheese next time.
Maybe my kohlrabi were overgrown or they just need to be peeled twice - edges were very woody. This recipe tastes like scalloped potatoes with carrots.
My husband and I love the combination of both vegetables. It is the best recipe I've come across to enjoy Kohlrabi..It is worth the try..Sept.12, 2010 - - schnuckelchen
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >