Kodiak Casserole Recipe
Because it packs a little kick and has an interesting and tasty mix of ingredients, this is the perfect potluck dish for fall—or any time. One of my husband's favorites, it's an Alaskan recipe I found in the early 1950's. —Kathy Crow, Cordova, Alaska
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 182 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Kodiak Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC