Kodiak Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 cup: 182 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Kodiak Casserole
"Very yummy dish I left out the olives and added some cream cheese to tone down the BBQ . I'm not a BBQ fan but this was really good!"
"I've been cooking for over 50 years and this is only the second recipe I've made that was completely inedible! There have been recipes we didn't really care for, but this one was the absolutely worst ever! I was surprised because the list of ingredients sound like they'd balance each other out, but it didn't happen. Yuk - guess I'll put it outside for the coyotes - they'll eat anything. Sorry, but this recipe was a complete and total waste of ingredients and time! Bleh! I'm thinking some very hungry Alaskan trapper came in after a very long cold day, threw everything he got his hands on into a pot, and was so hungry he ate the result no matter how it tasted. For us this is not a repeat recipe - if I could I'd give it no stars."
"Absolutely delicious and relatively inexpensive...this casserole has become a staple for my family. I substitute ground turkey for the hamburger, which makes it even healthier."
"I have made this several times and every one has enjoyed alot."
"The unique ingredients in this recipe intrigued me. I did leave out the olives, though, as I don't like them. Other than that, we all enjoyed it. My 3 year old daughter, normally reluctant to try anything new, wolfed it down in seconds, then asked for seconds and thirds. Extremely unusual for her!"
"This was horribly disappointing. My husband eats anything and everything and was excited that it included an entire bottle of bbq sauce (his favorite condiment). Even he couldn't eat this. I could modify this by excluding or substituting some ingredients, but I'm sorry, as is just wasn't edible for our tastes."
"Have not tryed it yet , sounds like would bevery good . Tom"
"Made this for 20 man harvest crew. Chose this recipe because it fed lots of people. It was a huge disappointment. Not one guy liked it! Sorry to say wont be making this one again!"
"This is my favorite recipe of all times. I use a larger jar of olives, since everyone picks them out and eats them first. Oh sooo good comfort food!!!"