Here's a slightly sweet, refreshing dressing from Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana that lets the flavor of kiwifruit shine through. Combine the dressing with a medley of cut melons, apples, pears, strawberries, etc., for a bright side to breakfast, brunch or dinner.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fruit
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first six ingredients;
- cover and process until smooth. Serve over fruit. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dressing) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.