Kiwifruit Danish Recipe
Kiwi has a distinct sweet-tart taste that's like no other fruit. My husband and I grow it on vines that look like giant grapevines. Not only is it delicious, it's high in Vitamin C and potassium. Kiwifruit danish are an easy, attractive treat.—Debbie Shick, McFarland, California
- 1 package (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough and shape into eight triangles with equal sides. Combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and extract. Place 1 tablespoonful cream cheese mixture in center of each triangle; top each with a kiwi slice. Pull points of triangle to center and pinch to seal.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Heat jam. Top each Danish with another kiwi slice; brush with jam. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Kiwifruit Danish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC