Kiwifruit Danish Recipe
Kiwi has a distinct sweet-tart taste that's like no other fruit. My husband and I grow it on vines that look like giant grapevines. Not only is it delicious, it's high in Vitamin C and potassium. Kiwifruit danish are an easy, attractive treat.—Debbie Shick, McFarland, California
- 1 package (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- Unroll crescent roll dough and shape into eight triangles with equal sides. Combine the cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar and extract. Place 1 tablespoonful cream cheese mixture in center of each triangle; top each with a kiwi slice. Pull points of triangle to center and pinch to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Heat jam. Top each Danish with another kiwi slice; brush with jam. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kiwifruit Danish in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p65
Reviews for Kiwifruit Danish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review