Kiwi Tiki Torches Recipe
“The kiwi, pineapple and strawberries all taste wonderful with the melted chocolate,” Elaine Sweet writes from her Dallas, Texas home. “It's an easy dessert that really dresses up a meal.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 white chocolate Toblerone candy bars (3.52 ounces each), broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. Alternately thread the pineapple, kiwi and strawberries onto 12 metal or wooden skewers; set aside. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring cream just to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in Toblerone until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts and extract.
- 2. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve with fruit kabobs. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC