Kiwi-Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
This pretty salad is always a hit when I serve it! The recipe came from a cookbook, but I personalized it. Sometimes just a small change in ingredients can create a big difference. —Laura Pounds, Andover, KS
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 12 cups torn fresh spinach (about 9 ounces)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process 30 seconds or until blended. Transfer to a bowl; stir in green onions, sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine spinach, strawberries and kiwi. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC