These fresh-flavored smoothies can start a day out right or perk up an afternoon. “My daughter, Hailey, created the recipe, and we all love it,” Cindy Reams explains from Philipsburg, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 4 pieces and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1-1/2 cups crushed ice
- In a blender, combine the fruit, yogurt, honey and extract if desired
- ; cover and process until combined. Add ice; cover and process until
- blended. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 196 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.