These fresh-flavored smoothies can start a day out right or perk up an afternoon. “My daughter, Hailey, created the recipe, and we all love it,” Cindy Reams explains from Philipsburg, Pennsylvania.
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 4 pieces and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1-1/2 cups crushed ice
- In a blender, combine the fruit, yogurt, honey and extract if desired ; cover and process until combined. Add ice; cover and process until blended. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kiwi Smoothies in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p32
Reviews for Kiwi Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2009