These fresh-flavored smoothies can start a day out right or perk up an afternoon. “My daughter, Hailey, created the recipe, and we all love it,” Cindy Reams explains from Philipsburg, Pennsylvania.
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into 4 pieces and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1-1/2 cups crushed ice
- In a blender, combine the fruit, yogurt, honey and extract if desired ; cover and process until combined. Add ice; cover and process until blended. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Kiwi Smoothies in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p32
Reviews for Kiwi Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2016
"It taste good but can be better if I use ripe banana and golden kiwi. It feels kinda thick maybe because I used reg plain yogurt instead, will try again next time."
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2009