Kiwi Pineapple Cheesecake
"When I was a teacher, this dessert was the one co-workers and my students requested most often, says Kimie Taziri of Fort Collins, Colorado. "It's light and refreshing and very easy to make."
12-14 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 55 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in.
- springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack;
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard
- remaining juice or save for another use). In a small saucepan,
- sprinkle gelatin over reserved juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook
- over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool
- to room temperature, about 10 minutes.