Kiwi Pineapple Cheesecake Recipe
"When I was a teacher, this dessert was the one co-workers and my students requested most often, says Kimie Taziri of Fort Collins, Colorado. "It's light and refreshing and very easy to make."
- 1-3/4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 55 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over reserved juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; gradually add the gelatin mixture, orange peel and vanilla. Beat on low speed until well combined. Spoon half into crust. Cut four pineapple rings in half; arrange in a spoke fashion over filling. Evenly spoon remaining filling over pineapple. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 4. Beat marmalade until soft and spreadable; brush 6 tablespoons on top of cheesecake. Cut remaining pineapple rings in half; arrange over marmalade. Place kiwi slices between pineapple rings. Brush with remaining marmalade. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Kiwi Pineapple Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC