Kiwi Lime Gelatin Recipe
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup dry white wine or diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 3 cups diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1. In a saucepan, bring kiwi and wine or soda to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in chilled soda and orange juice. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. Fold in oranges. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 81 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Kiwi Lime Gelatin
"This was very refreshing. Served it to my friends for a summer barbecue . All enjoyed it."
"Very refreshing and tasty. Have made this one for Christmas. I use lemon-lime soda to cook the kiwi's in."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.