Kiwi Lime Gelatin Recipe
Our Test Kitchen broke the mold when they came up with this bright green gem of a salad featuring kiwifruit, oranges and lime. As the recipe specifies, be sure to cook the kiwi before it's added to the gelatinotherwise, it won't set.
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup dry white wine or diet lemon-lime soda
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 3 cups diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a saucepan, bring kiwi and wine or soda to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in chilled soda and orange juice. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Kiwi Lime Gelatin in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Kiwi Lime Gelatin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2011
Very refreshing and tasty. Have made this one for Christmas. I use lemon-lime soda to cook the kiwi's in.
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >