Kiwi Ice Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sliced orange and additional kiwifruit, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the juices and kiwi; cover and process just until smooth. Add sugar substitute and orange peel. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set.
- 2. Spoon into a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Return to pan; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Spoon into small bowls; garnish with orange and additional kiwi if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1/2-cup (calculated without garnish) serving equals 56 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.