Kiwi Ice Recipe
Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi needs just five ingredients to blend together this tart, refreshing frozen treat. A serving is especially pretty garnished with kiwi and orange slices.
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 6 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Sliced orange and additional kiwifruit, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the juices and kiwi; cover and process just until smooth. Add sugar substitute and orange peel. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially set.
- 2. Spoon into a large bowl; beat on medium speed for 1-1/2 minutes. Return to pan; freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Spoon into small bowls; garnish with orange and additional kiwi if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 56 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fruit
Reviews for Kiwi Ice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC