Kiwi Dessert Squares Recipe
Be ready to share the recipe for this do-ahead dessert for a large group. It's a real eyecatcher with taste to match! -Marlene Muckenhirn Delano, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- CITRUS GLAZE:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled
- 14 fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. a 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange extract. Cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Cut into 28 squares.
- 4. Cut each kiwi into seven slices. Place a kiwi slice in the middle of each square; top each with a strawberry half. Brush with glaze; refrigerate until set. Yield: 28 servings.
Reviews for Kiwi Dessert Squares
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2008
"I have prepared this recipe many times, and it always gets rave reviews and many recipe requests. It looks very elegant and tastes incredible!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC