Kiwi Dessert Squares
Be ready to share the recipe for this do-ahead dessert for a large group. It's a real eyecatcher with taste to match!
28 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- CITRUS GLAZE:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled
- 14 fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in the
- butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. a 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-19 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water
- until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange
- extract. Cool completely.