Be ready to share the recipe for this do-ahead dessert for a large group. It's a real eyecatcher with taste to match! -Marlene Muckenhirn Delano, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- CITRUS GLAZE:
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled
- 14 fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. a 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in orange extract. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and orange extract until smooth. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes. Cut into 28 squares.
- Cut each kiwi into seven slices. Place a kiwi slice in the middle of each square; top each with a strawberry half. Brush with glaze; refrigerate until set. Yield: 28 servings.
Originally published as Kiwi Dessert Squares in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p39
Reviews for Kiwi Dessert Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2008
"I have prepared this recipe many times, and it always gets rave reviews and many recipe requests. It looks very elegant and tastes incredible!"