Kitchen-Sink Soft Tacos Recipe
My kids invented this recipe by throwing some taco spice on leftover sloppy joes. I have to admit, they are delicious. Though they're excellent after school, we also love them as a tasty yet timely weekend lunch. -Darlene King, Estevan, Saskatchewan
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chili and taco seasoning. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Spoon rice and chili onto tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 347 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC