Kiss from a Vampire Cookies Recipe
Raspberry jam eerily oozes from our home economists' soft butter cookies. One bite and you'll have a hard time stopping!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter.
- 3. Place half of the circles on greased baking sheets. Place a 1 teaspoon of jam in the center of each circle; top with remaining circles and press edges lightly to seal. Use a toothpick to poke two small holes (resembling a vampire bite) in the top of each cookie.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. (Jam will escape from tops of cookies as they bake.) Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC