Raspberry jam eerily oozes from our home economists' soft butter cookies. One bite and you'll have a hard time stopping!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place half of the circles on greased baking sheets. Place a 1 teaspoon of jam in the center of each circle; top with remaining circles and press edges lightly to seal. Use a toothpick to poke two small holes (resembling a vampire bite) in the top of each cookie.
- Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. (Jam will escape from tops of cookies as they bake.) Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Kiss from a Vampire Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p241
Reviews for Kiss from a Vampire Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review