Kingpin Cheese Spread Recipe
This dish a great way to start off a bowling party. The creamy spread holds its shape well and is easy to form.—Lizz (Elizabeth) Loder, Fox Point, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 sweet red pepper rings
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and dressing mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. On a serving platter, form cheese spread into the shape of a bowling pin. Add pepper rings at the neck of pin for stripes, trimming to fit if necessary. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 151 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC