- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 sweet red pepper rings
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and dressing mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- On a serving platter, form cheese spread into the shape of a bowling pin. Add pepper rings at the neck of pin for stripes, trimming to fit if necessary. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Kingpin Cheese Spread
Sort By :
"This recipe worked out perfect for me! The cheese spread actually is nice and thick and has a very good taste. However, I was looking for an appetizer recipe for a bowling party when I found this. I used a clip art template on-line and traced it on a piece of parchment and proceeded from there. It so easy and quick to make too. I think they will be happy with this at the bowling party. ty"
"This is really good and makes a lot. I also just made it into a ball and omitted the red pepper."
"I brought this to book club and it was a hit! I formed it into a ball instead of the pin and omitted the red pepper rings. People were still talking about how good it was at the next book club meeting."