King-Size Drumsticks Recipe
Let your slow cooker do the work for you when these tender turkey legs make an appearance at your stately supper. Canned enchilada sauce, green chilies and cumin give this lip-smacking entree a zesty royal treatment.
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 turkey drumsticks (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, chilies, oregano, garlic salt and cumin. Place the drumsticks in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- 2. Remove turkey to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey drumsticks. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC