King Crab Puffs Recipe
“My Mom loved entertaining when I was growing up and often made this recipe for her many parties,” recalls Krisann Anderson in Forest Lake, Minnesota. “It was a favorite!”
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crab, onions, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in crab mixture.
- 4. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 crab puff equals 44 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for King Crab Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC