King Crab Puffs Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crab, onions, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in crab mixture.
- 4. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 44 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for King Crab Puffs
"This was very bland, even after adding some Old Bay and Cayanne. What a waste of time and ingredients."
"I used good quality crab that I had frozen and it should have been good. The result was mildly fishy and too much dough and bland."