King Crab Puffs Recipe
“My Mom loved entertaining when I was growing up and often made this recipe for her many parties,” recalls Krisann Anderson in Forest Lake, Minnesota. “It was a favorite!”
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, onions, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in crab mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as King Crab Puffs in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p41
Reviews for King Crab Puffs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2012
This was very bland, even after adding some Old Bay and Cayanne. What a waste of time and ingredients.
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
I used good quality crab that I had frozen and it should have been good. The result was mildly fishy and too much dough and bland.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >